Saturday, February 13, 2010

Return of the Robertsport Cooking School

Here you see Jebbeh (left) and Tina (right) serving Nate and a a tray of potato greens with fish and chicken, pepper sauce and rice. Jebbeh and Tina worked with me in the Nana's Kitchen and are occassionaly around for me to hire as campsite cooks. The potato greens were delicious and the pepper sauce Tina makes is the best I've had.

In an effort to make the campsite generate as much income as possible for the local community, I'm encouraging the expansion of the Robertsport Cooking School. Miriama, who is a member of the Women's Sewing Co-op and the member who lives the closes to the campsite, already cooks every month for the Community Beach Clean-up. I'll be working with her in the next couple of weeks to adapt her usual repertoire to my palatte--sparse oil, lots of vegetables, not too much pepper and no stock cubes or MSG. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment